Ordered a "world first" reversible MicFlip USB cable from Winnergear in August via Indiegogo only to discover that there are dozens of the exact same sort of reversible cable being sold already on eBay, AliExpress, Amazon and Kickstarter.

Tried to cancel my order but was told that it had already shipped and a refund was only possible if I return shipped it. Two months later, there was still no sign of the cable and the Indiegogo campaign page was full of updates regarding delays in production and shipping.

After contacting them again to ask for a refund since the order had obviously not shipped, their response was that shipping was "next week". I again repeated that was not what I asked and that I wanted a refund, but the replies went cold.

A week later, I again tried contacting them after seeing more updates on their Indiegogo campaign page saying shipping was again delayed past their promised date, and their response was that shipping would now be "today". After again repeating I wanted a refund and not receiving a response, I filed a dispute with Indiegogo and Paypal

Indiegogo's response to disputes is to automatically refute them to your processor (Paypal in this case) and to HIDE all traces of the order. As soon as this occurred, Winnergear responded saying that they "couldn't find my order", despite the entire email history containing proof of both the order and prior contact.

After talking with Indiegogo, they said that the issue was out of their hands as all funds are dispersed to the campaign owner upon successful funding and they have no further responsibility. All refunds must be provided by the campaign owner (Winnergear) The order was restored but marked as on hold, so it could not be shipped.

After taking all this proof back to Winnergear, they now claim that Indiegogo must refund the money, or I have to cancel the order "within Indiegogo" - an option that does not exist, since the funds are "on hold" - a fact disputed by Indiegogo.

Winnergear have been deceptive, evasive and unresponsive when convenient to them. Do not give them your money.

This reviewer shared experience about order processing issue and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $30. This person is overall dissatisfied with Winnergear. The most disappointing about winnergear micflip fully reversible micro usb cable at Winnergear was customer service Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Winnergear.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Gadgets and Accessories category for more informed decision or compare Winnergear to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Winnergear?

Comments